Do you want to become a runner? Not sure where to begin?
It’s summer, its running season! Everywhere you look you see people running, admiring them, thinking whether you could run like they do…
Well I have the answer for you – HELL YEAH you can!
So let’s just get one things straight:
“You don’t need to complete a marathon to be a ‘runner’.” (Unless you want to)
Let’s have a look at some tips will teach you how to become a runner—by making each step easier, safer, and more effective. Ready to run?
1. DO Invest in Quality Running Shoes
– Visit a running store and get fitted for a true sneaker that will support your foot.
– A good rule of thumb: You’ll generally need to aim for a half to full size bigger for running shoes than for shoes you wear to the office
2. DON’T Think All or Nothing
– A short run feels good, so a long one will feel even better, right? Wrong. Skip a day between each run for the ideal ratio for recovery.
– Start with short running segments of about 10 seconds, followed by longer walking segments.
– As you progress and gain endurance, add more time to the run and shorten the walks and soon you’ll be running non-stop.
3. DON’T Underestimate the Power of Music
– Music can pep you up before each run plus help you recover more quickly.
– Motivational lyrics and bumping beats can also keep your mind off how tired you truly are!
4. DO Fuel Up
– Grab something easy to digest, like a banana or small granola bar – keep the portion small about half an hour before your run.
– Within 30 minutes post-run, aim to refuel with a mix of carbohydrates and protein at a 3:1 ratio – look for a mini meal with about 200 calories, 30 grams of carbs, and 15 grams of protein. (A cup of low-fat Greek yogurt with berries or a slice of whole wheat bread with a tablespoon of nut butter will do the trick.)
To learn more about training & running book your FREE consultation NOW!
Benefits of Running:
Improve Your Health
Boost Your Confidence
Relieve Stress and Eliminate Depression
To experience the benefits of running book your FREE consultation NOW!