Healthy Chocolate for All Chocolate Lovers!

March 16, 2018

Healthy Chocolate for All Chocolate Lovers!

Chocolate… and healthy? ? YES, you read it right! Cacao — that is used to make chocolate is full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.

Everyone one loves chocolate, if you say you don't - people would stare at you as if you were from another planet. Most of us chocolate lovers have a particular go-to-favourite type of chocolate. But when it comes to chocolate, you might want to look though the ingredient list, and just like with any food it is a good idea to shake it up a little every now and then.

So TRANSFORM PT is here to prove you that chocolate, too can be healthy!

We say ?? think raw, organic, fair-trade, GMO-free and the higher cocoa content the better! 70% and above is the right match to treat yourself to something that is beneficial to both - your body and the mind without having to compromise the taste.

Did you know?

The cocoa percentage is the real number for how much actual cocoa content you can find in the chocolate bar itself. If the bar says 54% cocoa content (this is most common for commercial 'dark' chocolates) the remaining 46% is basically added and processed sugar and fat. And that is the case for the so called commercial 'dark chocolates' whereas the cocoa content in most milk chocolate bars is about only 30% - meaning there is barely any cocoa benefits to be found.

Raw chocolates are by far the best chocolate available our there! The raw cacao beans are an actual superfood. Raw cacao is also a mood enhancer as it increases serotonin. This affects other neurotransmitters which make us feel happy. So once the raw cocoa is harvested, fermented and dried, it is not roasted (as to produce traditional chocolates) or combined with sugar and fats. Thanks to this the cacao can keep its natural antioxidant benefits and nutrients. These are for example magnesium, iron and potassium that helps to produce energy, strengthen muscles, bones and teeth, as well as aid good blood circulation. It’s also a complete protein - meaning it has a full of amino acids. Moreover, it is also high in phosphorus, zinc, copper, and manganese. Raw chocolate also contains flavonoids (natural chemical compounds) known to lower blood pressure and increase the good form of cholesterol (HDL) in blood.

On the other hand, most commercial chocolates are loaded with junk — trans fats, fillers, emulsifiers, dairy and sugar - tons of sugar. These far outweigh any health benefits of the actual cocoa.  Due to all the added ingredients and processing the cocoa was striped off majority of its natural benefits.

So what can you do?

Make your own chocolate, of course! So that you can indulge on healthy chocolate this Easter. Making your own homemade chocolate or chocolate treats is easy, quick and kids would LOVE the idea!

Here are our 3 BEST ideas for home-made healthy chocolate indulgences! 

  1.  Homemade Raw Chocolate
  2. Chocolate Hummus
  3. Homemade Nutella
healthy chocolate

Serving size: 24g Calories: 141g Fat: 15g Saturated fat: 9g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 4g Sugar: 2g Sodium: 5mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg

healthy chocolate

*Use 3 tablespoons of cocoa for a lighter, "milk" chocolate hummus, and 4 tablespoons for "dark" chocolate hummus.

healthy chocolate

optional: 2 tsp oil for extra smoothness 1/2 cup milk of choice


Ebook: 10 Steps To Eliminating Cravings

This ebook reveals the 10 steps to eliminating cravings so you're never hungry again!

Get Your Free Book Now






Whatever your question or query please feel free to get in touch and one of our expert team will get straight back to you

** Specific results are not guaranteed. If you have rigorously followed our fitness and nutrition programme for six weeks and honestly believe you can’t feel the difference or see the results, we’ll recompense you the cost of your course.

Contact Details


Transform Personal Training,
Harley Court
49 The Drive
Hove BN3 3JE

Opening Times

Monday - Friday - 6.00am-9.30pm
Saturday - 8am-1pm
Sunday - Closed

*We don’t share your personal details with anyone


Open chat
Scan the code
Hello 👋
We are here to serve you. Would you like to schedule a complimentary call to discuss your goals ?
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram