Do you await Pancake Day like Christmas Day?
Is it the only day when it is OK to demolish towers of pancakes dripping in high calorie toppings?
And then you suffer from the carb-hangover & sugar overdose Wednesday?
Let’s change the way you celebrate Pancake Day by taking inspiration from some of our top-healthy picks celebrating a heart-healthy pancake day!
Our heart – healthy pancake picks:
• Use wholemeal, multigrain or buckwheat flour to boost the fibre
• Try plant based milk for extra protein and lower fat content
• Use spray oil, coconut oil or rapeseed oil, which is a good source of heart-healthy fats
• Top with yoghurt & berries or banana with a drizzle of honey or dark chocolate shavings
• Use freshly squeezed lemon/orange juice with a spoon of plain yoghurt
Our Savoury Pancake Tips:
Why not try:
• Cooked spinach and salmon (rich in omega-3) on a spread of cream or cottage cheese?
• Lean sliced turkey with cherry tomatoes, cottage cheese and chives?
• A veggie Mediterranean twist? Roasted peppers, onions and tomatoes with a little feta cheese or pesto sauce?
• Add some kick to your pancakes with curried vegetables?
• Mexican inspired refried beans and guacamole topping?
Here are our TOP 5 recipes for delicious and healthy pancakes that will leave you satisfied, and feeling well and healthy!
A favourite gluten and dairy-free fluffy pancake recipe you will fall in love with! Offering plenty of protein, good fiber and a great taste.
Healthy and hearty quinoa pancakes with lemon and blueberry twist. Quinoa provides complete protein, to keep you satisfied all morning. These pancakes are fluffy, full of blueberry flavour, and are sure to get you ready for the day.
Nourishing and wholesome pancakes with loads of good nutrition. Great to satisfy both kids and adults! Not to mention these pancakes are without any artificial food colouring because vegetables are jus so amazing!
Fluffy peanut butter pancakes made with flaxseed and oat flour and sweetened with agave nectar. Wholesome, satisfying and 100% vegan. Give it a go!
These naturally gluten-free pancakes are easy to make and provides a light and sweet treat for breakfast. Add a small drizzle of maple or agave syrup.
So which one is it going to be? Our favourite is:
> Spinach Oatmeal Pancakes and Lemon Blueberry Quinoa Pancakes.