Eating healthy snacks is the KEY to successful weight loss.
Many people avoid snacks because they are afraid that snacks contribute to weight gain.
However, a healthy snack can offer health benefits. Snacks can even be included in a weight loss plan. The trick is to choose a snack with about 150 calories and a mix of carbohydrates, protein and healthy fats.
Aim to eat your snack about halfway between meals to keep energy levels consistent.
Here are some healthy yet delicious snacks between 100 – 200 calories:
To access our 21 Easy & Healthy Snacks guide for more delicious snacks, book your FREE consultation NOW!
You’ll find that if you have something healthy to eat you will be far less tempted by all the unhealthy options surrounding you. Preparing healthy snacks in advance is very important to your nutrition programme.
The reason you MUST eat every 2-3 hours is to keep your blood sugar levels constant. When you achieve this you will have regular energy and won’t feel hungry.
A typical day’s food will look like this:
- 7 a.m. Breakfast
- 10 a.m. Snack (+ protein portion)100-150 calories (depending on weight loss goals)
- 13.00 p.m. Lunch
- 15.30 p.m. Snack (+ protein portion)
- 18.00 p.m. Dinner
- 21.00 p.m. Snack (+ protein portion)
Great snack options also are:
- Celery Sticks With Hummus and Olives
- Banana & Nuts
- Carrot Sticks and Laughing Cow Cheese
- Rice Cakes and Cottage Cheese
- Ham and Celery
- Banana & Yogurt
- Apple with Nut Butter
- Cheese Strings and Almonds
- Hummus and Carrot
- Cottage Cheese and Peach
- Tuna and Crackers
- Grape-and-Cheese Sticks
- Sliced Turkey
- Rye Cracker & Cheese strings
- Grilled chicken pieces with carrots